Re: A quick and dirty lpt patch..

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:36:04 +0100
John Baldwin wrote:
> Fixing ppbus to act sanely with interrupts is going to require a bit of work
... ELided for space.

> Hack patch is at http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/ppbus_intr.patch and
> inline below.  I know it compiles, but I haven't runtested it. :)

Hi John cc current,
PLIP (Parallel IP) has been dead for years, last good on 4.11
Any chance your current or future patches might fix that ?
If so, I have machine(s) here running 7-Stable I can test against
(& cables proven good on 4.11, & still 2 x 4.11 hosts where PLIP works).

(Yes PLIP is slow, but when pcmcia ethernet wont work on some laptops
it's great to have, one of my older laptops is now just SLIP-115200)

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com