Re: ZFS honesty

From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin_at_cs.duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:23:55 -0500 (EST)
=?UTF-8?B?6Z+T5a625qiZIEJpbGwgSGFja2Vy?= writes:
 > >  OTOH that's all GPFS is.
 >
 > Far more features than that - 'robust', 'fault tolerant', 'Disaster Recovery'
 > ... all the usual buzzwords.
 >
 > And nothing prevents using 'cluster' tools on a single box. Not storage-wise anyway.

Having had the misfortune of being involved in a cluster which used
GPFS, I can attest that GPFS is anything but "robust" and "fault
tolerant" in my experience.  Granted this was a few years ago, and
things may have improved, but that one horrible experience was
sufficient to make me avoid GPFS for life.

Drew