Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:08:26 +0000
In message <4786058F.8080101_at_gmail.com>, "Aryeh M. Friedman" writes:

>> We need more licenses like we need a 3rd or 4th leg.  What is wrong
>> with the standard BSD license please?
>
>I decided to elaborate slightly on the previous reply....

I am fully with Wilko here.

We don't need to change the license or use any other means to
beat our users over the head.

We need them to understand the problem, and act as intelligent
human beings.

A lot of our users do this.  We have many crucial FreeBSD developers
employed at companies which understand that developer support is
key to FreeBSDs future.

We just need more of that.