Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:52:52 +0100
"Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman_at_gmail.com> writes:
> From previous experiences (both mine of others) the FreeBSD community
> tends to be way too conservative (yes it is good to be conservative
> but to the level we do it is pathological in some respects).   For
> example I think it is clear that some work needs to be done to improve
> the ports system and I stepped up to volunteer to do most of the heavy
> lifting (with two others helping) and on -ports_at_ got never ending
> grief from people who thought that if it is not completely broke don't
> fix it.

Nobody (or at least nobody who matters) is saying it isn't broke or
shouldn't be fixed.  It's just that nobody takes you seriously because
you haven't yet demonstrated a solid understanding of the history and
complexity of the issue, and you've shown a lack of respect for those
who have.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no