Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

From: Erik Trulsson <ertr1013_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:50:48 +0100
On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 04:27:28AM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > In message <4787354C.4000803_at_gmail.com>, "Aryeh M. Friedman"
> > writes:
> >
> >> And by denying that there is an apporiate venue you (among with
> >> other people) have by definition made it so anyone who presents
> >> such a purposal will be screwed before the debate even starts...
> >>

> > I don't waste time debating Newtons second law either.
> >
> Why because it was eventually proven incomplete by relatively?  (i.e.
> if no one dared question it then the incorrect version of the law
> would still be used today and odds are there would be no computers
> because electronics uses modern physics and not classical)

Wrong on all counts.  Newton's second law (as Newton formulated it) was not
invalidated by relativity.  And even if it had been it would not have
mattered much for the existence of computers since it is perfectly possible
to build electronic circuits without knowing anything about relativity or
quantum physics.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson