Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

From: Harti Brandt <hartmut.brandt_at_dlr.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:59:26 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Timo Schoeler wrote:

TS>No, I didn't. I said that the work is done ineffectively as he's doing
TS>underprioritized stuff. Working on higher prioritized stuff would be
TS>more efficient, and would help the project even more.
TS>
TS>Given the assumption that the developer is able to do both, the Xmas
TS>tree as well as importing ZFS v9 into the tree.
TS>
TS>(I don't see the point that when somebody is really *capable* of doing
TS>both things, why should (s)he do the 'lower priority' thing. If you
TS>are at the olympic stadium and you're the best sprinter, you wouldn't
TS>join the marathon...!)

Sorry, this is just crap. I'm a rather bad guitar player, at least much worse
than I'm a programmer. Yet I enjoy playing Joe Pass at 1/4 the speed while
I could import ZFS during that time ... People just bring to FreeBSD what they
like to do, not what would be the best for you or others. If you want them
to change priorities according to YOUR needs, pay them money.

harti