Re: [Call for testers] "BSD ar"

From: Kai Wang <kaiwang27_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:37:03 +0100
On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 03:12:02PM +0100, Bernd Walter wrote:
> But then it is only used for building the toolchain, not for building
> the world/universe itself.
> Did you try adding it into the toolchain for your make universe tests?
> I don't know how sensitive ar is to cross builds, but of course it is
> important for us to support cross builds.

I mentioned that I've done "make universe" in the first post, I meant
that I've test the build of ar itself in various archs.

Do you mean that I should use "BSD ar" to perform a "make world/universe",
observing the process and examing the resulting library files generated?

Yes. That's what I am doing now :) , but it takes time since "make universe"
is not so fast on a slow laptop...