Re: RFC: Adding a hw.features[2] sysctl

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:53:45 +1100
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 06:53:37PM +0100, vermaden wrote:
>dev.cpu.0.cores: 2 <-- but that would propably be the same as kern.smp.cpus: 2 so link it to the value of kern.smp.cpus or do not even create it.

This doesn't work because "cores" are associated with physical dies
whereas dev.cpu currently counts logical CPUs (scheduling entities ie
cores).

Also note that kern.smp.cpus is the total number of logical CPUs.  If
you have multiple multi-core processors then whatever.cores will be
different to kern.smp.cpus

--
Peter Jeremy