Re: ZFS melting under postgres...

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:21:41 +0100
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 10:07:15AM +0100, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Pawel Jakub Dawidek:
> > It is ported to FreeBSD, but will be imported to the HEAD branch after
> > 7.0-RELEASE.
>
> Will it be in 7.1? [...]

Yes, I'd like to have it in 7.1.

> [...] Are there any bugs fixed that we'd like to have in 7.0
> anyway?

Probably, but it's a bit hard to track small bug fixes in OpenSolaris as
they do commits of many large changes at once as opposed to
one-change-per-commit rule that we have in FreeBSD. I had a situation
already where I was tracking a bug in FreeBSD/ZFS and when I found the
bug, I went to compare with OpenSolaris version and found that it is
already fixed, but the fix wasn't mentioned in the commit log...
All in all, it is sometimes hard to tell which bugs are FreeBSD-specific
and which are bugs in ZFS itself.

pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org