Re: bsnmpd daemon eating all cpu

From: Harti Brandt <hartmut.brandt_at_dlr.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:25:15 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Bartosz Giza wrote:

BG>I am using dell poweredge sc440 router with one xeon dual core cpu.
BG>This is basicly only router for dummynet firewall dhcpd and named.
BG>I want to run bsnmpd daemon but when i start it it starts eating all cpu from
BG>one core.
BG>I have run truss to check what it is doing and i have got huge amount of such
BG>syscalls
BG>gettimeofday({1201008182.366354},0x0)            = 0 (0x0)
BG>
BG>I want to use this daemon because it is in base system but if i could not run
BG>this daemon in normal way i will be forced to use net-snmpd port.
BG>I have basic config with hotres module added.
BG>I am running freebsd 7.0-prerelease.
BG>Alsa what is strange i have exactly the same machine with freebsd
BG>7.0-prerelase but with only one network card for testing and bsnmpd behaves
BG>normal.
BG>Could some one help me with this. I can send dump from truss or even do some
BG>more testing.

Could you please disable all modules? Just comment out all lines starting
from the Load MIB-2 module line. What does it do then?

BG>Second strange thing is when i have compiled kernel with ULE scheduler bsnmpd
BG>shoed me 100% cpu utilization on both cores for all time. And after
BG>recompiling kernel with 4BSD it shows good numbers for cpu utilization.

I have a report about this and there it says that the reason is the
kern.ccpu variable beeing 0 for ULE. Unfortunately I was not able to work
on this because of RealJob. I should probably look into this.

harti