Re: Problem with nfe stability and throughput

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:19:37 +0900
On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 08:28:44PM +0100, Chris Poulsen wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I've had the chance to punish the atphy you suggested below (diff2 +
 > suggested change). The driver seems slow (but "stable") when it is not
 > being pushed (my ssh shell is lagging ;) and it seems to lock up within
 > 10 secs (tried 3 times) when I try to perform a ftp transfer to the
 > machine. By "lock-up" I see the network stops working. The ftp transfer
 > stops, I'm unable to ping from the server and browsing the web from the
 > machine also does not work.
 >
 > Manually doing ifconfig down/up brings the network back into a working
 > state, I tried waiting a little to see if it recovered itself, but it
 > didn't seem like it.

Hmm, this seems to be backward...
Please revert previous patch and apply the following one.
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/atphy.diff3

 > So is there anything else I can do to help nailing this one?

What we need here is documentation for the PHY hardware.
I have no idea why hardware vendors don't like to release their
datasheet for their PHY. Most vendors provides datasheet for their
PHY even though they don't want to reveal their ethernet controller
datasheet.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon