Re: LatencyTOP and FreeBSD

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:29:02 -0600
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:05:23 -0600, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin_at_cs.duke.edu>
wrote:

> Alexander Kabaev writes:
>  > Hope not. This kind of statistics should easily be done with DTrace.
>
> Indeed, see the thread at
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/dtrace-discuss/2008-January/005439.html
>
> What is the status of Dtrace in FreeBSD?  I thought the original port
> was permantly stalled due to licensing conflicts over CDDL, and
> that John was starting from scratch.

http://dtrace.what-creek.com/ (hasn't been update since Nov 2007)

Honestly, I don't understand how CDDL can be conflict with BSD license
since it's file based license rather than whole like GPL. Also, it doesn't
force BSD license to be change to CDDL. Sun doesn't see any problem for
FreeBSD to ship with it either. Feel free to explain more to me in private
to avoid license war in this list.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7_at_cox.net  -  mezz_at_FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)