Re: DTrace for FreeBSD - status

From: Garrett Cooper <youshi10_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:37:25 -0800
On Jan 24, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Peter Schuller wrote:

>> Cisco is currently funding the port of DTrace to FreeBSD part of
>> their
>> move to FreeBSD.
>
> There is a "move to FreeBSD" on their part? That sounds
> interesting. Google
> did not turn up much for me.
>
> --
> / Peter Schuller
>
> PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller
> <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
> Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
> E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org

	It might not have been made public insomuch, but I know some of the
folks who are spearheading that effort. It's to help reduce
development efforts in some respects by using a stable foundation,
while contributing back to the [Free]BSD community through
volunteering, as part of patch submissions, commits, etc.
	I know [a little] because I was interviewing with one group involved
with the effort :).
Cheers,
-Garrett