Re: Noise ratio on -CURRENT has increased recently

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:00:05 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, bazzoola wrote:

> I come from an academic background and I have been reading and enjoying
> -CURRENT for years I use it to learn and adapt new ideas in my research. I
> just wanted to say that recently, I noticed that the noise ratio here has
> increased more than 'the usual' and it really saddens me to see intelligent
> and very active developers throwing bricks at each other on this public
> list.
>
> I have always liked this educated and kind community of FreeBSD and I hope
> it remains like that.

I agree, and have had similar worries.  I expect a moderate amount of it is
because a lot of people are sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for
7.0 to ship so they can get "back to business" with the pent-up works in
progress.  Hopefully that will be remedied shortly. :-)

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge