Re: IPSEC on 7.0-PRERELEASE

From: Nenhum_de_Nos <matheusber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:06:03 -0300
On Jan 26, 2008 12:33 PM, Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:
> I think I updated all the man pages I was aware of.
>
> I am not going to comment on the handbook. I think we should rather
> remove that section, if noone has updated it (since FreeBSD 4;) and
> maybe bring it back at a later time.

I do agree that it is outdated, but it helped me though. it is based
on ipsec-tools, more specific the racoon package, even though racoon2
is out there. If I may say anything, keep it. is good reference. just
would make the needed changes to work on ipsec-tools and racoon 1.
(after reading it a couple of times I coudn't make it work as I never
guessed there was a need to run /etc/rc.d/ipsec start. and the racoon
examples are not on the places they say, but I do think it is all
minor changes.) (I did sent a mail to doc_at_ for this)

as I went through this guide recently, I could help to renew it. I
just know nothing specific about racoon 2, but in refreshing that as
it could run ok on 6.3R and 7.0R I can help :)

George, to whom I should say this ? (as I read above, I think you are
the guy :) just need to say what is needed :)

matheus

--
We will call you cygnus,
The God of balance you shall be