Re: [fwd] cvs commit: src/lib/libthr/thread thr_mutex.c thr_umtx.c thr_umtx.h src/sys/kern kern_umtx.c src/sys/sys umtx.h

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:55:59 +0400
On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 08:10 -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:

> Firefox depends upon a lot of external things, including glib, nss,
> and
> nspr (among others, probably) which would propagate thread-lib bugs
> even
> after the main app has been recompiled. I suggest running ldd
> on /usr/local/lib/firefox/firefox-bin (and other shared objects in
> that
> dir) to find out what all you might need to rebuild. At the very
> least,
> I'd expect a rebuild of nspr and nss to be mandatory. I *think*
> firefox
> uses nspr's thread implementation, and not the one from gthread
> (glib).

Hm, effect affects both eclipse, evolution and firefox.

truss shows nothing (no syscalls) while that problem on firefox (for
several seconds)

I had no ktrace in kernel so I have rebuild kernel with ktrace and
reboot.
Effect disappears, rebuilding kernel back without ktrace also does not
helps to reproduce problem.

Probably fix related to latest ports update, but not likely,
following ports was updated after I have seen effect last time:
x11/kdelibs3
x11-drivers/xorg-drivers
mail/evolution-exchange
multimedia/cheese
graphics/poppler-gtk
x11/gdm
graphics/gimp-app
x11/gnome-desktop
devel/subversion
accessibility/mousetweaks
www/neon28
x11/gnome-session
x11-fm/nautilus
graphics/evince
deskutils/deskbar-applet
x11/gnome-applets
games/gnome-games
security/seahorse

no more ideas how to reproduce problem :(

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova_at_fbsd.ru