Re: MPSAFE TTY schedule

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 12:21:25 +1000
Hi Ed,

Thanks for your response.

On 2008-Jul-03 22:52:20 +0200, Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl> wrote:
>Well, even though I'd rather let other people assess me, I think I've
>been very proactive so far. As you can see, I sent my email to the list
>two days ago. In those two days I've fixed both umodem(4) and uftdi(4)
>to work with the new TTY layer again.

And I don't expect you to do all the work yourself - you can't be
expected to test hardware you don't have.  But where is the documentation
to let someone else adapt the drivers?

>> cy(4), digi(4), rp(4), rc(4), si(4).
>
>Who actually owns one of these devices? If you do, please contact me. If
>I didn't make myself clear enough: I *am* willing to (assist in
>porting|port) these drivers.

I have access to a Digi Xem boards at work and have poked around
inside the digi(4) code in the past.  My difficulty is that the cards
are all in use and upgrading to a FreeBSD-current that doesn't support
them and then porting the driver is probably not an option (whereas
converting it from using shims to access the TTY layer to doing so
directly would probably be acceptable - because I can get the board
going again in a hurry if needed).

I can't help with any of the others, sorry.
--
Peter Jeremy