Re: Sysinstall is still inadequate after all of these years / sorry I started flame war

From: Rob Lytle <jan6146_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 23:04:10 -0700
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Rob Lytle <jan6146_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Greg Black <freebsd-nospam_at_yaxom.com>
> wrote:

>> > What the hell does "yes" mean?  That all option boxes are checked, or
>> none
>> > at all?  I have never seen this explained anywhere.
>>
>> Instead of all this vociferous whining, how about just doing a bit of
>> reading of the documentation?  The ports(7) page might be a place to
>> start.
>>

> That would have been wonderful, groovy, etc if I had known there was a
> ports page.  Rob.

And another thing, just because FreeBSD is not perfect, don't blame it on me
or use derogatory language.  I'm not perfect either and I deserve to be
treated with respect.

Some day someone will search the archives and find this thread, answering
their problem so they don't have to go through this miserable process like I
have.

It makes me less likely to use the mailing lists, more likely to delete the
FreeBSD partition, and install OpenBSD which has impeccable documentation.

Rob.