Re: Has anyone else seen any form of in memory or on disk corruption?

From: Luke S Crawford <lsc_at_prgmr.com>
Date: 07 Jul 2008 20:19:50 -0400
gnn_at_freebsd.org writes:
> I have hundreds of these files to run this over, and a full check
> takes about 3 hours, but I usually see some form of corruption within
> the first 20 minutes.

I've seen similar problems happen on a groups of new boxes when the ram was
slightly out  of spec for the motherboard.  memtest revealed the problem,
returning the lot of ram for a different model fixed the problem.

> 4) Corruption is seen only after a reboot, if the machines continue to
> run corruption is never seen again, until another reboot.

This would indicate that I am wrong.   Personally, I'd still run memtest86 for
48 hours or so, just to be sure.

does smartctl report weirdness?