Re: Sysinstall is still inadequate after all of these years / sorry I started flame war

From: Daniel Engberg <diizzyy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 00:09:27 +0200
Hi,

While the main issue/topic addresses sysinstall's inability to 'nicely'
interact with installation of packages and then turns into generic
installer issues/thoughts etc I would like to bring up to those who've
missed that there is ongoing work with a new installer. Last year(?)
Ivan Voras made some research of current "frameworks/installers" to
evalute and to get some ideas of what you would want from an installer
and this turned into a SoC project founded by Google. While I'm not
really sure what it does/doesn't I think it looks like a good solution
in general. This is still WIP so it might be worth looking in and
contribute.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/finstall/Amnesiac - Screens
http://ivoras.sharanet.org/stuff/connectserver.png - Remote install (WIP?)

A bit late but oh well ;-)