Re: Sysinstall is still inadequate after all of these years

From: Nick Barkas <snb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 01:14:43 +0200
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Rainer Duffner <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de> wrote:
> Mass-installation via PXE-booting is a mess (how can you have to pack the
> install.cfg file into the mfsroot diskimage???).

I have done some work on a tool for rapidly imaging many FreeBSD
systems and a set of packages using PXE booting:
http://code.google.com/p/farbot/. Farbot uses sysinstall, so it does
automatically do things like generating an install.cfg file and
putting it into an mfsroot. But I'm definitely also looking forward to
a new installer, and hoping it will be easy to control
programmatically.

Nick