Re: I like my rc.d boot messages :(

From: Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:49:19 -0400
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, John Baldwin wrote:
>
> than 'start'.  Am I the only one who finds it useful to know which daemon
>> is
>> making my startup hang for an extra second?
>>

> No, you are not.  I too would like that.

I'd go further: it was nice when startup scripts printed their name (no
newline) and then '.\n' when they were finished.  It then becomes
unambiguous who is at fault.  It's hard to tell with the current non-system
which of the 2 scrpts (the one that has printed it's name, or the one that
next prints it's name) is at fault.  Worse.. it could be the quiet script in
between.