Re: ZFS patches.

From: Adam McDougall <mcdouga9_at_egr.msu.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:36:23 -0400
Thanks, that worked!  My laptop is upgraded and running from it with
root mounted from zfs.  It seems like there is less compulsory disk activity
like there used to be every ~3 seconds when idle, that is welcome.
I've only ran my laptop with it about 30 minutes so far, two different boots.
The first time I shut down I think I saw around 10-15 unexpected messages
something like zfs_umount: force unmount not supported, removing FORCE flag.
No problems though, it was probably one for each of my 13 zfs mounts.
You got my vote for this to be committed to -current.

I'll be loading this onto a few more systems as I get a chance, all of which
I'll have to upgrade to -current and don't mind doing for a worthwhile reason,
including a download mirror server and a backups server.  I'll probably hold off
on upgrading the fs version to 11 until I don't need to patch the source, incase
I forget to on an upgrade.

I do have some others running ZFS without problem that will have to wait for
a 7.x patch but since they are running fine, I can wait as long as needed.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:55:49AM -0400, David Grochowski wrote:

  Hey,

  On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Adam McDougall <mcdouga9_at_egr.msu.edu> wrote:

  > /usr/src/cddl/lib/libzpool/../../../sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_byteswap.c
  > /usr/src/cddl/lib/libzpool/../../../sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_byteswap.c:35:
  > error: expected ')' before '*' token
  > /usr/src/cddl/lib/libzpool/../../../sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_byteswap.c:
  > In function 'zfs_oldacl_byteswap':
  > /usr/src/cddl/lib/libzpool/../../../sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_byteswap.c:127:
  > error: 'ace_t' undeclared (first use in this function)

  I had the same issue. Try deleting
  "/usr/src/sys/cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/acl.h" and
  "/usr/src/sys/cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/callb.h" (make sure that
  these files have a length of zero first!). When patching, these files
  are supposed to be deleted, but were instead left as empty files.
  Since these files are included before the actual ones in
  "/usr/src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/sys", this will
  cause a problem.

  Also, I would like to note that the patch has been working for me
  without any problems.

  Sincerely,
  Dave Grochowski