Re: Problem since "wlan" came in: SIOCS80211: Device not configured

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:29:23 -0700
Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 12:58:32PM +0200, Pietro Cerutti wrote:

>> | Does it still happen if you limit the channels, try
>> |
>> |  ifconfig wlan0 chanlist 1-11
>>

>> !!!! No it doesn't, actually it works this way!
>>
>> So, it was a config problem at my side?
>>
>> Thanks a lot..
>>

> The eeprom on the card is meant to list the valid channels and the
> driver checks for this. I dont know why channel 13 is valid but the
> firmware borks on it. If you are feeling motivated you can add a few
> printfs in wpi_read_eeprom_channels() to try and see why.

It could be that the eeprom lists the set of channels that card has been
calibrated for but the card is locked to a regdomain where that channel
is not allowed.  I'm not familiar with the wpi driver or intel eeprom
contents but Intel has not been forthcoming when I've asked them for
info about regulatory data for 4965 parts.

    Sam