Re: tmpfs panic

From: Dmitry Morozovsky <marck_at_rinet.ru>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:19:53 +0400 (MSD)
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Kris Kennaway wrote:

KK> > Well, but loader(8) man page said:
KK> >   The default of 32MB allows the kernel to support a maximum of ~7GB of
KK> > swap.
KK> > and I have only 4G, and system freezes with maxswzone exaustion well
KK> > before that...
KK>
KK> I think swap zone memory use is dependent on the allocation pattern (i.e.
KK> load dependent), so "a maximum" of 7GB might be the best case scenario (or
KK> it could be wrong, e.g. on amd64).  This is one of the factors that makes it
KK> hard to tune the value of maxswzone.

I see; I just doubleed the value to 64M, let's see what happened.

BTW, usage pattern to stress tmpfs is cvs2svn on FreeBSD ports repository,
together with some rsyncs ;-)

Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck_at_FreeBSD.org ]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck_at_rinet.ru ***