Re: Marvell Yukon 2 88E8040

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:16:07 +0900
On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 08:02:42PM -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
 > Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

 > >I guess patch above wouldn't apply cleanly due to changes in
 > >msk(4).

 > > anytime
 > > > >

 > >Yes, I'd like to but had no testers so far. (I'm still waiting for
 > >feedback from a first tester.)
 > >Because I don't have 88E8040 hardware I need help from users to
 > >write a working patch. What make me hard for this hardware was it
 > >used slightly different descriptor format and added additional new
 > >silicon bugs.
 > >
 > >I'll update the patch in a couple of days and let you know.
 >
 > Thanks.  And I'll test it for you.
 >
 > I'm using FreeBSD CURRENT.

Ok, I've created patch for 88E8040 Yukon FE+. This controller
seems to be quite differnet one from previous generation of Yukon
II family. This controller uses completely different checksum
offload descriptor format(both Tx and Rx) as well as new TSO
scheme. While this one seems to use more simple approach than
that of old-style it deteriorates the complexity of configuration
of checksum offload and TSO.
As a result I'm not sure whether Tx checksum offload and TSO would
work with attached patch. It's too complex so I might miss some
important setup. If you encounter strange things with this patch
please turn off Tx checksum offload and TSO.
(e.g. #ifconfig msk0 -tso -txcsum)

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon