em(4) - memory access and bus master bits were not set

From: Wilkinson, Alex <alex.wilkinson_at_dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:51:24 +0800
Hi all,

I am using em(4) on a VMware ESX - FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE VM.

My em0 interface will consistently go down when it is hit with a reasonable amount
of I/O.  Upon bootstrap dmesg(8) reports:

   "em0 memory access and or bus master bits were not set"

I suspect this is the likely cause (bug) of my problem. This has been discussed
and supposedly fixed: