Re: HEAD UP: non-MPSAFE network drivers to be disabled (was: 8.0 network stack MPsafety goals (fwd))

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:16:11 +0200
Quoting Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 30 Jun 2008
09:27:11 +0100 (BST)):

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Robert Watson wrote:
>
>> An FYI on the state of things here: in the last month, John has
>> updated a number of device drivers to be MPSAFE, and the USB work
>> remains in-flight. I'm holding fire a bit on disabling
>> IFF_NEEDSGIANT while things settle and I catch up on driver state,
>> and will likely send out an update next week regarding which device
>> drivers remain on the kill list, and generally what the status of
>> this project is.
>
> Here's the revised list of drivers that will have their build
> disabled in the next week (subject to an appropriate block of time
> for me):

Is this list supposed to be complete (including dependencies)? bktr
uses some I2C stuff and cxm (in ports) too.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
meeting, n:
	An assembly of people coming together to decide what person or

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137