Re: why vimage?

From: Outback Dingo <outbackdingo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 04:51:17 -0500
I think there needs to be some decent howto or documentation established
though, i compiled and installed a kernel and the binary
read the man page... searched google... but cant for the life of me
conceptualize how to get network interfaces up inside the vimage

i see the standard rl0 interface in the main i can dhcp and address

but dont see how one clones or creates an interface inside the other vimages

i found a doc that read
Virtual images in a simple bridged environment, written in 2002

and the command ifconfig create ve0.... doesnt work

so i think, i for one and many others might appreciate vimages power a
bit more if there was a fast howto quick and dirty on how to
accomplish
a working configuration and discover the power of this code.... I
could see a use for it.. thats if i can foigure out how to get
networking and
chrooted images..... just my thoughts so far....