Re: how to design a tablet driver?

From: Peter Ross <Peter.Ross_at_alumni.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:01:58 +1100 (EST)
Hi Chuck,

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Chuck Robey wrote:

> I'm suggesting this because I'm very, very confused as to how I would
> figure out what the screen size is for a vty.  If I gotta do a absolute gig
> on a bty, then I gotta find some way to ask the size of the cry, and get me
> driver in the list of those to be notified if the size of a vty changes.

I am not really an expert in this area.

For personal interest I looked yesterday into the libvgl (e.g.
VGLMouseStatus(1) and the other functions mentioned there). It seems to
cooperate with syscons including mouse support.

Somehow (for me "by magic" - I do not know how) Xorg seems to recognize a
system mouse that is configured for the terminal. If someone explains this
magic it may be helpful for you.

My interest came from another angle. I tried to find out whether FreeBSD's
infrastructure does not support displaying of more than one VTs at the
time, as someone claimed. I would like to configure my laptop to use the
small internal monitor as a text console while the external monitor is
serving X.

Regards
Peter