Re: Intel 4965agn wifi driver

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:34:01 -0700
Charlie Toor wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am interested in any developement of driver for wifi NIC Intel 4965
> agn.
> Is somebody doing it or I have to try to write it ? :)

Ben Close and I have been working on this.  Legacy works ok (there is
one issue w/ the firmware that I've worked around).  I've been mostly
trying to get 11n working but not having much luck.  Unfortunately the
firmware is not documented in this area and the Intel folks have been
unresponsive (open source == linux to them).

If you look in the sam_vap branch in p4 you'll find my work.  Once 11n
is working I intend to try the test firmware that supports ap mode.

    Sam