Re: latest rc.subr breaks etc/rc.d/sendmail

From: Mike Telahun Makonnen <mtm_at_FreeBSD.Org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:36:24 +0300
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Gregory Shapiro <gshapiro_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Agreed.  We should probably consult gshapiro about this, and just do it
>  > if there's no objection.  AFAIK, /etc/rc.d/sendmail is also used to
>  > start alternative MTAs, so we can commit this patch for now, and think
>  > about splitting /etc/rc.d/sendmail to something like:
>  >
>  >    src/etc/rc.d/sendmail
>  >    src/etc/rc.d/sendmail-submit
>  >    src/etc/rc.d/sendmail-outbound
>  >    src/etc/rc.d/sendmail-msp-queue
>
>  I'd be cool with this and more than happy to provide code review.
>  The four scripts would all need the same sort of logic to disable
>  conflicting options (e.g., don't start a submit agent if a full MTA is
>  running).

Can yoiu take a look at the following patch please? It splits out
rc.d/sendmail into its constituent parts. I've split out the logic to
sort out conflicting options and rebuild the aliases database into a
separate file in /etc/mail/sendmail.subr. The rc.d scripts simply call
the appropriate routines in this file. In addition I've kept
rc.d/sendmail but added the nostart keyword.

Cheers.

Mike.