envy24 and channel dead

From: sam <samira.nox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 10:45:24 +0100
Hi

I'm using envy24 driver for my m-audio audiophile 2496 with vchans.
This works pretty well most of the time.

If amarok is playing music, and I start eg gstreamer-properties and
do a sound test there, then I see messages like
   "ppccmm00::ppllaayy::ddsspp00..pp12::  ppllaayy  iinntteerrrruupptt
    ttiimmeeoouutt,,  cchhaannnneell  ddeeaadd"
And the music sounds as jaggy as the writing [only plays a loop of 1s
of the piece or so, over and over].

Sometimes this will crash the system.

 From what I've tested so far this mostly happens when using amarok,
and then letting a gstreamer-based applications play some sound.
I have no problem using multiple instances of say mplayer or vlc
while using amarok.

Where should I start looking for the errror?

sam