Clearing the direction flag before calling a signal handler

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:51:53 +0100
Hello,

I found an exchange concerning a difficult to debug problem that may be
affecting FreeBSD. I wasn't sure whether to post here or just file a bug, but
under the circumstances I opted for the former. Apologies if it is considered
noise.

I was reading the exchange here:

Referencing the following patch to Linux;

   http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/3/5/306

The exchange in the Debian bug tracker indicates kfreebsd 6/7 has the same
problem as Linux. Being a kernel issue, that indicates vanilla FreeBSD may
likely be affected.

I neither have the setup nor the knowledge to effectively evaluate this
myself, but felt that it was obscure/diagnostically difficult enough that i
wanted to bring it to somebody's attention.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org