Re: Intel 3945 (wpi) patch

From: Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze_at_bsdforen.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:49:24 +0100
Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Here is a patch for wpi(4) which should help with the stability of the
> driver. If you have been having problems then please give it a try and
> report back. Some people have reported problems getting wpa_supplicant
> to authenticate which may not be fixed, give it a try anyway.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~thompsa/wpi_head.diff
> http://people.freebsd.org/~thompsa/wpi_releng7.diff
>
> This includes work by Sam Leffler and Benjamin Close.
>

> cheers,
> Andrew

I am running the patched driver for two weeks and it appears to be very
stable. The connection persists even with very bad signal quality. If the
signal is interrupted only once in my university, I have to wait for half an
hour before I'm allowed to reconnect into the VPN. This has not happened
during the last couple of hours, even though the connection quality is 5:0 at
the moment. Which is /very/, /very/ bad.