Re: unionfs status

From: Daichi GOTO <daichi_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:39:19 +0900
I should say that so sorry of my slow response. so sorry.

We are developing unionfs step by step and still have 5 next patches.

   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/experiments/
   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/experiments/unionfs-p20-1.diff
   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/experiments/unionfs-p20-2.diff
   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/experiments/unionfs-p20-3.diff
   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/experiments/unionfs-p20-4.diff
   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/experiments/unionfs-p20-5.diff

p20-1:
   leads panic when "no error happens, eofflag is 0, response data is empty
   and DIAGNOSTIC is defined" while involving VOP_READDIR(9) from unionfs.
   This change fixes system hang-up using with NFS.

p20-2:
   fixed fs access issue mounting on devfs.

p20-3:
   fixed kern/109377.

p20-4:
   fixed rename panic issue

p20-5:
   fixed unix socket connection issue

On our long unionfs running test, It looks like works very well. Would you
try above patches?  So sorry of my slow response. Please accept my deepest
apology.

We are planing to commit above patches to 8-current. 7-release has been
done. It is good time to commit it to current ;)

--
   Daichi GOTO, http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi