Antwort: Re: hdaps (accelerator) driver for thinkpads

From: Maik Ehinger <m.ehinger_at_ltur.de>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:47:50 +0200
Hi Tobias,

could you try this patch agains thinkpad_ec.c Version 030_04092006. It
disables the SMBIOS/DMI stuff.

Let me know if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Maik

--------------- CUT ----------------

--- thinkpad_ec.c.orig           2008-03-31 09:40:42.000000000 +0200
+++ thinkpad_ec.c                2008-03-31 09:42:27.000000000 +0200
_at__at_ -471,13 +471,13 _at__at_
                 /* Don't use softc here */

                 device_t child;
-
-        if (!check_dmi_for_ec()) {
-                printf("thinkpad_ec: no ThinkPad embedded
controller!\n");
-                                return;
-               // return (-ENODEV);
-        }
-
+/*
+ *       if (!check_dmi_for_ec()) {
+ *               printf("thinkpad_ec: no ThinkPad embedded
controller!\n");
+ *                              return;
+ *               // return (-ENODEV);
+ *        }
+ */
                 if (device_find_child(parent, DEVICE_NAME, -1)) {
                 return;
                 }
_at__at_ -499,10 +499,10 _at__at_

                 if (device_get_unit(dev) != 0 )
                                 return (ENXIO);
-
-        if (!check_dmi_for_ec())
-                                return (ENXIO);
-
+/*
+ *       if (!check_dmi_for_ec())
+ *                              return (ENXIO);
+ */
                 //device_set_desc(dev, "IBM ThinkPad Embedded
Controller");
                 device_set_desc_copy(dev, smbios_values.oem_string);

--------------- CUT ----------------

Tobias Kirschstein <lev_at_nupfel.de>
28.03.2008 23:52

An
Maik Ehinger <m.ehinger_at_ltur.de>
Kopie
freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
Thema
Re: hdaps (accelerator) driver for thinkpads

hi maik,

> your are the first one who tried this driver except me. So thanks for
> testing.

sure! im really interested in getting this thing working :)

> I only got my T42 for testing so here are some hints what could be
> the cause of the crash:
>
> - dual processor system
> - 64bit

i think this is the problem, your driver seems to work for i386 only,
but at the moment i'm not experienced enough to be able to fix this and
maybe there is some more work to do to get it running under amd64. so i
would really appreciate it if you or someone else could help me here :)

> - SMBIOS/DMI Hack withing thinkpad_ec.c
>
> I can't test this because the lacking hardware.
> This was/is my first driver i programmed/ported, maybe someone with
> more experience could have a look at the code.

i can test it for you and hopefully i will be able to post some
backtraces and debug info if i have set up some solution to my core
dumping problem under zfs root.

> Do you get any messages before it crashes?

surely will follow soon i hope, but this weekend i won't have any time
unfortunately.

> Sorry i can't help you more. I could do some test on the weekend with
> 8.0 Current.

that would be great, thx!

--
ciao,
lev

L'TUR Tourismus AG - Europe's No. 1 for Last-Minute-Travel - with 160 Shops in six European countries
L'TUR Tourismus AG, Augustaplatz 8, 76530 Baden-Baden, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Volker Boettcher,Vorsitzender des Vorstands: Karlheinz Koegel
Vorstand: Markus Faller (Sprecher), Stefan Dapper, Christoph Fuehrer, Kai Klitzke, Thomas Meyer, Markus Orth
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 201600

*** Legal Disclaimer ***
Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail und der darin enthaltenen Informationen sind nicht gestattet.