Re: [FreeBsd 7.0] Openldap server - client / error with openssl - openssh

From: Matthew Seaman <m.seaman_at_infracaninophile.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 19:35:46 +0100
karim.bourenane_at_orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found security upgrade openssh, but don't running on my ldap
> server, same error :
> http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-08:05.openssh.asc
>
> And if i check version of channel.c file after upgrade :
>
> serverldap# patch < /var/tmp/openssh.patch
> Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |Index: crypto/openssh/channels.c
> |===================================================================
> |RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/crypto/openssh/channels.c,v
> |retrieving revision 1.23
> |diff -u -r1.23 channels.c
> |--- crypto/openssh/channels.c  30 Sep 2006 13:38:04 -0000      1.23 <--
> Same value, same version
> |+++ crypto/openssh/channels.c  15 Apr 2008 19:09:48 -0000
> --------------------------
>
> Can anyone have idea ?

idea is patented software IIRC, and you need to add flags to
/etc/src.conf to enable idea realated stuff to be built.  See src.conf(5).

I guess the problem you're seeing is because either:

   you built either openssh or openssl on a different machine to where
   you're running it and there's a difference in the WITH/WITHOUT_IDEA
   settings between the two machines

or:

   you built openssh to link against the ports version of openssl
   but you're running on a machine with only the base version installed

(although I'm not certain about that last: I think that scenario would
perhaps result in 'file not found' error messages from ld.so when it couldn't
find the SSL shlibs in /usr/local/lib)

Oh, and FreeBSD 7.0 is definitely freebsd-stable_at_... material nowadays.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
                                                  Kent, CT11 9PW