Problem ndis and 11b since May 1

From: Ted Lindgreen <ted_at_tednet.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:09:01 +0200
Hi,

Since May 1 my Broadcom BCM43 wlan interface, using the ndis-driver,
does not associate with my (old) Apple Airport anymore.

Working out the various changes, I found that a change in if_ndis.c
from version 1.135 to 1.136 caused the problem. In other words:
a kernel, generated from an uptodate source as of May 7 does not
associate, by only reverting if_ndis.c to version 1.135 produces
a kernel that works fine as ever before.

Further info: there is NO problem with a few other access-points I
have access to. One of the differences between the Airport and the
other access-points is that the old Airport supports only 11b, while
the others support both 11b and 11g. I'm not sure, of course, but it
looks like the change between 1.135 and 1.136 forces the ndis-driver
into 802.11g mode exclusively.

regards,
-- ted