Re: Question regarding mmap on ZFS, or possibly Dovecot

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 12:25:10 +0200
> The question remains the same, however. Is this a problem with
> samba/dovecot using mmap incorrectly, a problem with ZFS as such, or a
> problem with the FreeBSD implementation of ZFS?

If I recall correctly from a previous discussion here on the list, the belief
was that it was a problem with ZFS on FreeBSD.

I did notice an mmap related commit on cvs-all that might be related (based
only on the log entry):

pjd         2008-04-26 13:03:23 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_7)
    sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs zfs_vnops.c
  Log:
  MFC:    sys/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_vnops.c:1.28

  Fix mmap(2) on ZFS after some changes in VM subsystem.

  Submitted by:   alc
  Reported by:    kris (originally) and many others
  Reminded by:    kris

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.31.2.2  +4 -0
src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_vnops.c

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org