Re: kernel panic: umass0 digital cam

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:31:35 -0700
> Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:47:02 -0300
> From: William Grzybowski <william88_at_gmail.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to report a kernel panic which happens when I try to attach my USB Digital Camera.
> I'm running -CURRENT (kernel from the last week or less)
> I get this panic right when I plug in the usb cable.
>
> I took 2 pictures of the kpanic with backtrace. ( they aren't so clean, but enough to read :) )
> http://www.inf.ufpr.br/wg06/trace1.jpg
> http://www.inf.ufpr.br/wg06/trace2.jpg
>
> Should I submit a PR nor send it to another mailing list?
>
> I can't tell if it works on -stable/-release, but I can download and
> try it out, if it matters.

The have been several reports of this problem, one very recently.

My camera worked just fine for a long time, but about a year ago, it
started crashing the system. I'll admit that I don't care enough to
spend time tracking down what broke it.

I don't know if a PR has been submitted.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)