Re: repeated panics in vm_reserv_alloc_page()

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 00:10:42 +0300
On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:30:55 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008 08:16:07 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> I'll rebuild right now, but it may be tricky reproducing the panic.
>> Is it ok if I let it run for a couple of days or a bit more?
>>
>> I can't reliably reproduce the panic all the time, but it seems to
>> happen faster when I stress the system a bit.
>
> Installed.  Now, I guess, all we have to do is wait and see if mplayer
> manages to trigger the crash in the following 1-2 days...

Hi Alan,

No panics yet.  I've been using the same laptop for the past 2 days,
doing pretty much the "usual stuff".  I haven't seen any more panics
in vm_reserv_alloc_page() so far.  Given that it was pretty easy to
trigger the panic by playing audio or video in mplayer, and it was
happenning at least 2-3 times a day, I think that it's fixed :)

Thanks!