Re: Anyone else seeing this (cvs wierdness)?

From: Peter Wemm <peter_at_wemm.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:12:00 -0700
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 18, 2008, at 12:27 PM, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
>
>> Max Laier wrote:

>>> Is this with the updated cvs 1.11 (recently imported to current)?  There
>>> has been some reports of fallout of this on cvs-all_at_ already.
>>
>> It's with:
>>
>> Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.22.1-20080310-FreeBSD
>> (client/server)
>>
>> Glad to hear the madness probably isn't with me.
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> --
>> Ian Freislich
>
> I'm not sure about cvs, but I've been seeing some weirdness with csup lately
> syncing from HEAD and the fact that it doesn't match cvs... that's most
> likely some entirely different issue though.
> -Garrett

David broke cvs with his last few imports.

The two problems that I know of are all related to 'cvs update'.

- cvs update -C  doesn't work right.  It might not restore the
modified files to clean status.
- cvs update -A  checks out over and over again if the -ko flag is set
on the files.

I've fixed the -ko issue in the repository by removing it from there,
so at least the -A bug won't be so annoying.

--
Peter Wemm - peter_at_wemm.org; peter_at_FreeBSD.org; peter_at_yahoo-inc.com
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete