Re: par. ata not seen if sata is present

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:11:02 +0200
Hi

Yes, that I've told several users that asked for this, however it will
need changes to the AHCI code, and that needs alot of testing to
ensure it doesn't break any of the other dozen chipsets etc.

Anyhow, I still need hands on the HW to work in a rational way on
this, just as its always been.

The problem is that the number of professional users/vendors that used
to donated HW to keep ATA up to date has more or less dried up over
the last 2-3 years...

As I dont have the means to buy every possible board out there to get
support going, the support will depend on what HW I eventually have
access to here in the lab.

-Søren