Re: overheating problem with Acer Aspire 5520-5679 AMD-64

From: eculp <eculp_at_encontacto.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:44:24 -0500
Scot,

That is exactly what I needed.  I'm sure your recipe will remedy all.

I can't thank you enough.  The fan part I was already doing, when and
where possible but with a laptop it isn't always possible. nor good
business to ask for a fan everywhere when traveling.

The sysctl tips saved me a world of time and I might never have found
or even looked for all and k8temp is marvelous, I had no idea that it
existed.  I've been using it for about half an hour now and and based
on the results, IŽll script something to save me when I'm traveling or
working in someone else's office which is about 50% for me.

Thanks again,

ed