Re: ZFS for a desktop computer

From: Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 15:58:54 +0100
Peter Schuller wrote:
> I appreciate that supporting direct booting off of ZFS is not easy to
> implement, and this is not any kind of complaint. I just want to
> respond to the claim that there is no appeal to having it supported. I
> doubt I am alone in thinking it would be great to boot natively off
> ZFS, even if not every one under the sun agrees :)

Just to cast a "vote" I subscribe to this opinion. It would be
great...In fact if direct boot from ZFS was supported I'd convert my
work PC to AMD64+ZFS immediately.

At home it would be hardware since my PCs have at most 512 Mb ram, which
is more than enough for what I do here.

--
Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>