Re: usb2: scanner no longer working

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:56:29 +0100
On Friday 07 November 2008 19:35:17 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2008, Stefan Ehmann wrote:

> > # usbconfig -u 3 -a 2 dump_curr_config_desc
<snip>

> > > 3 and 2 are the numbers after ugen, like ugen3.2
> >
> > To your other mail:
> > I'm running i386. HUB debugging didn't output any obvious errors.
>
> Hi,
>
> Try the following patch to libusb20. I suspect that it is the
> set_configuration call that makes trouble!
>
> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=152628
>
> Thanks for reporting.
>
> My private SVN repository has also been updated to include this patch if
> you are using that.

As I previously stated in my other mails. The scanner is now properly
recognized.

Now I got this problem:
Before scanning starts, the system "locks" for several minutes, i.e.
 - input/output to terminals is no longer working
 - I can still switch consoles and break into ddb
 - CTRL-t on the scanimage console is still working and shows increasing sys
   time

As soon as the actual scanning process starts, everything is fine again.
Sometimes scanning doesn't start at all (or I'm just not patient enough).

To make debugging a bit more interesting: If I run scanimage with ktrace or
enable usb debugging via sysctl, scanning starts immediately. Don't know if
this is always the case but seemed to work a few times at least. So maybe it's
some kind of timing problem.

--
Stefan