Re: CSUP failure

From: jT <toyj_at_union.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:36:16 -0500
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 04:14:39PM -0500, jT wrote:
>> All / Jeremy / Maxime,
>>
>> [root_at_bigmac ~]# csup -L 2 current-supfile
>> Parsing supfile "current-supfile"
>> Connecting to cvsup3.freebsd.org
>> Connected to 128.31.0.28
>> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
>> Invalid server reply to AUTHMD5
>>
>> [root_at_bigmac ~]# cvsup -g -L 2 -h cvsup2.us.freebsd.org current-supfile
>> Parsing supfile "current-supfile"
>> Connecting to cvsup2.us.freebsd.org
>> Connected to cvsup2.us.freebsd.org
>> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
>> Premature EOF from server
>> Will retry at 16:14:29
>>
>> [root_at_bigmac ~]# cvsup -g -L 2 -h cvsup11.us.freebsd.org current-supfile
>> Parsing supfile "current-supfile"
>> Connecting to cvsup11.us.freebsd.org
>> Connected to cvsup11.us.freebsd.org
>> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
>> Premature EOF from server
>> Will retry at 16:14:56
>
> Okay so the problem is not specific to the csup binary.  The errors
> returned are different, but I'm willing to bet they're the result of the
> same problem.
>
> Are you using a firewall (ipfw or pf) on this box?  Is there a firewall
> upstream from you?  A NAT box that's severely broken?  This could cause
> what you're seeing.

I am a CS undergrad at union college ITS is  notorious for doing silly
things here from time to time, so anything is possible.

> truss -f -a -s 8192 -o truss.out csup -h someserver current-supfile
>
> Then please provide the contents of truss.out (they may be very long),
> or put the file up on the web somewhere.  Do not include it as a MIME
> attachment.  Do not copy/paste the contents either.

truss.out can be found here hope this is the format that you were looking for.

http://dpaste.com/91570/

> This might not be enough either.  tcpdump/pcap output might be required,
> but one thing at a time.
>
> Also, a minor (unrelated) issue:, in this particular case, please don't
> top post (I am one of the few who normally does not say this).  In-line
> replies will be appreciated here due to the nature of the problem; it
> makes context very hard to follow WRT this issue.  Thanks.

Sorry for this, I normally do try to not top post and am a stickler
about this often -- i'm just in the middle of finals and have been
copying and pasting output from my blackberry to get this resolved
asap -- I won't do that anymore my apologies

--
/jT
http://git.zen-sources.org/?p=kernel/zenmm.git;a=summary