Re: HEADS UP: New ZFS in the tree.

From: Goran Lowkrantz <glz_at_hidden-powers.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:33:38 +0100
--On Tuesday, November 18, 2008 21:50 +0000 Thomas Sparrevohn
<Thomas.Sparrevohn_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 November 2008 21:32:44 Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
>>
>> What's unexpected in that? As I noted it still needs more work, so
>> chflags(2) working properly would be unexpected for me:)

Ran into the same problem so had to recover using /rescue. Commenting out
the line SHLINSTALLFLAGS+= -fschg in /usr/src/share/mk/bsd.lib.mk and
/usr/src/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk made the install work after fixing that the
old zfs and zpool commands in /etc/rc.d/zfs failed during boot with out of
memory error. Had to mount each file system manually with mount -t zfs
...... After that the installworld etc worked without a problem.

I don't know if the mount problem was due to amd64 and trying before
http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/185039 but the rebooted system worked
just fine, even with system defaults.

Cheers,
	Göran

---
"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum."
                -- Arthur C. Clarke