Re: HEADS UP: New ZFS in the tree.

From: Goran Lowkrantz <glz_at_hidden-powers.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:10:47 +0100
--On Tuesday, November 18, 2008 23:37 +0100 Goran Lowkrantz
<glz_at_hidden-powers.com> wrote:

> --On Tuesday, November 18, 2008 23:27 +0100 Pawel Jakub Dawidek
> <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:23:36PM +0100, Goran Lowkrantz wrote:
>>> --On Monday, November 17, 2008 21:55 +0100 Pawel Jakub Dawidek

>>> On amd64, I get an error when I try to enable xattr:
>>> # zfs get xattr system/boot
>>> NAME         PROPERTY  VALUE        SOURCE
>>> system/boot  xattr     off          temporary
>>> # zfs get xattr system
>>> NAME    PROPERTY  VALUE   SOURCE
>>> system  xattr     on      default
>>> # zfs inherit xattr system/boot
>>> WARNING pid 2282 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a2e
>>> # zfs get xattr system/boot
>>> NAME         PROPERTY  VALUE        SOURCE
>>> system/boot  xattr     off          temporary
>>>
>>> Have http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/185039.
>>>
>>> Attached dmesg.boot from the last couple of reboots.
>>>
>>> This is so far the only thing I have found.
>>
>> It has been fixed already.
>>
>> --
>> Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.wheel.pl
>> pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org
>> FreeBSD committer                         Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!
>
> Do you mean that it's in current? I am using a kernel from 3 hr ago with
> 185039 and the numeric attribute errors are gone but this is a boolean
> attribute and I still get the error.

Just realized that I am lying. I still get dmesg output when listing some
properties of this file system. Could it be because I upgraded the pool to
version 13 with a kernel before 185039?

I get WARNING on getting any of these properties:
system/boot  xattr                 off                    temporary
system/boot  version               1                      -
system/boot  utf8only              off                    -
system/boot  normalization         none                   -

/glz